Saturday, April 17, 2010

My 1st Photography Competition

I don't normally "toot" my own horn, but I wanted to share some exciting news about my first involvement with  an organized photography competition.  The contest was put on by the Tacoma Photographic Society, of which I am a new member.  It's an open competition that's being exhibited at the Spring Fair in Puyallup, Washington.  The Fair ends this Sunday.  There where approximately 180 entries in the adult competition.  The major awards that were given out included 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, around 15 Honorable Mention, and Four different Merit Awards.  I submitted eight photos, and was so please to win 5 awards (Three Honorable Mention, and two Merit awards)  The two Judges Merit Awards really meant a lot to me.  I guess the competition sort of validated that my work is good enough to enter more competitions.

I also want to thank all of you for following and supporting my work, with your wonderful comments and encouragement!

Hope you enjoy my entries!

"219 Washington Street" - Judges Award - Most Creative
"Pioneer Square Pergola" - Honorable Mention
"Eatonville Landscape" - Honorable Mention
"Santa Fe Cowboy"- Judges Award - Best Humor
"The Emerald Queen" - Honorable Mention

16 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Gorgeous, David and congrats on all the awards. Well deserved.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

That's wonderful to get the kudos for your work, David. You deserve it and more!

Krista Hasson said...

Congratulations! It is exciting when someone validates what we are doing! Your photography is fantastic, well deserved attention.

pattrsnd said...

Thank you Pat, Diana, and Krista!

Dot Hoffman said...

Your work is absolutely wonderful, and you deserve each and every award!!! Looking forward to seeing more :-)

pattrsnd said...

Thank you Dot!!

Splenderosa said...

Hello David, I've just discovered you and your wonderful work. I was looking for a photograph of the Oregon beach and came upon yours.
Yes, Congratulations on your recent awards, this is awesome. I'm a jewelry designer, off-the-wall esoteric free spirit & am happy to meet you. Marsha

pattrsnd said...

Thank you Marsha...I love photographing the Oregon Coast, it's one of my favorite locations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe this was the first competition you've entered. Now I know you're going to continue to do so, so many more folks can discover and love your work.

Laurie said...

David....EXCELLENT!!! I'm looking forward to seeing even more of your prized photos in the future. You really see the images with your heart and look at the world in many different ways that inspire so much emotion!
Congrats on your well-deserved wins! I love them all...

Carol Brown said...

Congrats on your Awards, David. Love your work...as you know!

Jen Evenhus said...

David, why have you waited so long! These are fantastic. Love the "219" and of course B&W is a favorite of mine - "Pergola" nice blacks and great composition!

pattrsnd said...

Thank you so much Carol and Jen!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all the awards...beautiful work!

Ross Lynem said...

Hi David. Have not been by for a while but so glad i dropped in! These photographs are stunning as are your pastels. Congratulations too on your photography awards. Well done and deserved for sure.

pattrsnd said...

Thank you Ross...your comment are much appreciated!