Monday, May 26, 2008

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh My!

Click on images to enlarge
Bengal Tiger

Tiger by the Falls

Bath Time

Musk Ox

Sea Otter

Waving Goodbye

Puffin

Japanese Pagoda - Point Defiance Park

Well...I did capture some nice photos of a tiger, and other critters - but no lions or bears!

Animals are also a subject that I rarely photograph, mainly because they are usually found only in zoos. Also, a photographers nightmare, is having it's subject's image obstucted because of a fence or netting...which makes for a very difficult shot. The Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, Washington, has a few areas that allow the photographer to get a decent shot...but one must use their telephoto lense to get close to the subject. I used my Digital Canon Rebel XT, with a Canon 75-300mm lens. My lens doesn't have the "image stabilizer" feature, so getting good focus can be a real chore.

I'm not waiting for National Geographic to knock down my door, but I did get some decent photos, especially this being my first time photographing wild animals.

Enjoy the view!

No comments: